I am going to use this post as my worksheet of understanding and creating amazon echo skills. I will update often as I learn new things and hopeful have this as a template as I move down.
What I would like to do:
- Create a Amazon Echo skill that will tell me the last 5 things downloaded by Sabnzbd.
- Create an Amazon Echo skill that allows me to interface with Sonar and Couch Potato.
- Create an Amazon Echo skill that will allow me to pause and unpause Sabnzbd
Everything I create or use I will reference in this post. feel free to make comments if I am missing the mark or there is a much easier way.
Click More for full article.
Started on the documentation from this amazon: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-skills-kit/alexa-skill-tutorial
Looks like my first step should be to create a simple skill that responds to questions. I am thinking if I add something simple like what is your favorite team and respond with a team name from a list.
Sub Task: Create simple questions response
- Name: AskTeamTest
- Questions: What is your favorite team
- Response: Reds, Bengals or Bearcats(guess you figured where I am from)
The following steps where taken from this document: Amazon Dev Doc