Join us 11/13 at 9:00 pm for some WSOP Full house Pro on Xbox Live. This game is free to play if you have a Xbox gold account. This game supports 9 players in custom games. If you are interested in playing please sign up in the forum or comments of this post. If we have more than 9 players I will take the first 9 that have signed up. You can download right to your xbox from the web using the following link. Please download and try before Wed at 9pm! Who will be first out, my money is on Bale.
Link to game: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/WSOP-Full-House-Pro/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584112b9
There are a million review sites out there so the last thing I want to do is re-hash what all those sites have said. I just finished this game Sunday night and wanted to give some quick impression and if it is worth the price of $15.
I will break this review down in several quick reference categories and try to stick with that format: sound, visuals , gameplay and overall. I will try to add a couple of videos from YouTube so you do not have to search all over to see what the game looks like.
Sound – This games adds a narrator, this will need to be in more games from this point forward. The narrator spoke of only the important parts of the story and when my character “The Kid” did something worth speaking about. He set the tone for each level you enter and gave back story when needed. The music was also surprisingly good, they did a good job blending it with the action and the story of the game.
Visuals – I have no complaints about the visual style used in this game. Everything had a hand drawn look but the most impressive thing was the level construction. The level builds as you walk through it, this was a very nice touch. check the video below to see what I mean.
Gameplay – The gameplay in this game is Perfect.. Every weapon is unique and has unique controls. The shield is awesome! You will spend time upgrading your weapons looking for the perfect combos to use. Download the demo just to feel how this game controls.
Overall – For $15 this game is well worth the price. This is the best arcade game I have played this year and only second to Portal 2 for best overall game. It is not often I finish a game and go right back to play it for a second time.
Video on the Next Page….
I really hope zoomtown gets their S*!t together and grants us access to ESPN 360 this year. There are some very nice features in this list, I would love to have this for NCAA football and basketball this year. I guess it is time to send Zoomtown another email..
Source: Major Nelson
The new features in the update include:
- My Sports – ESPN on Xbox LIVE now allows you to choose your favorite sports and teams and designate these channels as “My Sports,” so you can jump directly into the games and content you care most about. ESPN on Xbox LIVE will automatically provide you with a personalized daily feed of news and highlights based on “My Sports,” catching you up on only the teams and sports you care most about.
- Mini Guide – The Mini Guide gives you a preview and quick access to all the sports content you care about right at the bottom of the screen. Saturday is all about college football, and now the best fans don’t have to miss anything. Is another game tied up late in the fourth? Instantly switch to that game. Halftime? Play the earlier highlights.
- Split Screen – Because true sports fans want to watch more than one game at a time, ESPN on Xbox LIVE is adding Split Screen, allowing you to watch two events at once. Watch live events on both screens or a live event on one while you catch up on news and highlights on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately so you never miss a second of the action.
- Voice Control with Kinect – Focus on your team instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the Content Guide, skip to the next highlight, or play, pause, and rewind that big play…all with the sound of your voice and the magic of Kinect .
- Scoreboard – ESPN on Xbox LIVE is also adding a live college football scoreboard that you can jump to any time. You can even use Split Screen to watch the big game on one side of your screen while the live scoreboard occupies the other, keeping you up on all the action from around college football.
- Reminders – Too many big games to keep track of in your head? Not to worry – ESPN on Xbox LIVE now lets you tag games and set reminders so you never miss a moment.Live Alerts – With new live alerts, ESPN on Xbox LIVE will keep you posted on score changes from around college football, even if you’re not keeping a close eye on the scoreboard.
- ESPN BottomLine – The addition of the ESPN BottomLine to ESPN on Xbox LIVE keeps you in the know with breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports.
I cannot wait for this version of Horde! The adding of the Boss wave and tower defense objects will push this over the edge. Who will be buying this game this fall? I look forward to some gaming nights in horde and standard multiplayer.
Here are some quick items I took from the GOW3 site:
- Build Fortifications with cash earned from the waves!
- Respawn after you die by using cash!
- Weapons can be bought instead of waiting for them to respawn
- Boss Waves every 10 rounds
- Lambent Berserkers – BOSS
- Brumaks – BOSS
- Reavers – BOSS
- Savage Corpser – BOSS
- Gunker – Possible Lambent Boomer – BOSS
- Waves are now randomized
- Butcher Boomer Cleaver available to use
- Horde 2.0 uses a mix of Lambent and Locust forces. They do not attack each other.
- Cash can be given to your teammates in order to afford larger defenses.
- Buy Dummy Dolls to distract the Locust. Upgrading adds proximity grenades.
- Host Migration is in.
- Get bonuses for doing well.
- You have to get your skill up before you can unlock the Silverback
- You can only buy back in once per wave
- Multiple Silverbacks are available to use at the same time depending on the map
- While taking cover on the Silverback, Silverback player will not be able to move
- There are medals and ribbons exclusive to Horde
- Exp stacks by waves. Every consecutive wave played earns extra Exp
- “If you can chainsaw it, you can stab it”
- No Self-revive in horde
- Going AFK in Horde will result in a removal from game
- No option to turn off cash noise
- Bosses are NOT affected by fortifications
- Kill support troops in Boss waves first. Chances to spawn a second boss are high if Boss is taken out first
- Amount of enemies is directly related to how many players are in game